In the United States the Blue Cross and Blue Shield name is widely recognized to be of value and utmost quality. The problem though are coverage areas. A plan with Florida Blue wont’ be accepted in South Carolina. Same with a policy from Blue Cross of Arizona taken in Georgia. Yet there remains a solution in the form of the GeoBlue Xplorer product.
GeoBlue uses the Blue Card PPO/EPO. This is the largest Blue Cross network in the nation and includes such places as Sloan Kettering, Mount Sinai and the Mayo Clinic. You can search through the network here: BCBS.COM
The GeoBlue Xplorer plan offers a choice of four deductibles. They are $0, $1,000, $2,500 and $5,000. All have co-insurance and a maximum out of pocket. Like ACA plans there are no caps with GeoBlue.
Why We Like the GeoBlue Product
• Physician Office Visits with Just a $30 Copay including specialists.
• No waiting periods for preventative care services.
• The Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion can be waived under certain circumstances.
• No pre-certification for inpatient and outpatient care.
• Direct billing of most providers.
• The strength of the brand. Blue Cross and Blue Shield is nationally recognized.
Few things We Dislike
- The prescription coverage has a limit of $1,000 maximum for life. Clients have the option to bump this to $25,000 but the premium will be considerably more expensive.
- Limits of $50 max per each visit for Physical/Occupational Therapy.
In conclusion the GeoBlue Xplorer product is a fantastic option for those looking for quality care. Benefits are robust and you have a network that is superb. E&M Global is proud to work with GeoBlue.