The E-2 nonimmigrant visa is perfect for those foreign nationals who are interested in starting a business in the United States. E2 Visas are notorious for their rigorous application process which can be stressful for many individuals. Thankfully we are here to help you with that process!
With an E-2 Visa, one may:
- Work legally in the company that is the investment vehicle in the US
- Travel freely in and out of the US
- Stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited two-year extensions as long as you maintain E-2 qualifications
- Be accompanied by your dependents under 21, relatives, and spouse. Your spouse may also work while in the US and your dependents may attend US schools, colleges, and universities and do not have to apply for a separate student visa.
In order to successfully obtain an E-2 Visa, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country with which the US has a treaty, specifically for commerce and navigation. Citizenship is required. Simply being a permanent resident is not enough.
- Prove the applicant has invested economically or is in the process of investing economically in a bonafide US business. This often requires extensive paperwork and might include the need for witnesses or statements from current US citizens. Prove the applicant is coming to the US solely for establishing, developing, or doing work for the business in which they have invested in.
Clearly, it’s not as simple as filling out a form. While this may be a great option for some businesspeople, it can be risky to fulfill all of the application’s requirements. The E-2 Visa also requires a substantial investment of capital in a viable US business. The applicant would be In the US on a temporary basis and must return home to their country upon visa expiration.
How E&M Global Insurance Can Help You with Your E-2 Visa
We understand the difficulties and stresses of starting or taking over a business. Our goal is simplicity. As leaders in international health insurance, we know the right questions to ask. We work closely with you to ensure only the best policies are made available to you. Having good insurance provides the peace of mind and security you need as you strive toward the establishment of your new business.
Questions? We’re ready to help you! Give us a call today!